cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Upayavira" ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: commandline executes matching pipeline three times
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 08:23:13 GMT

> thanks for the replies, it saves me a lot of frustration :)
> In the application, a transformer will be used to transfer the
> incoming XML to an FTP server. The resulting XML will contain info
> about the transfer, such as size, failure/success, ... So it is
> important that the transfer happens only once... If you have any other
> suggestions for doing this, it would be appreciated !

Can you explain more exactly what you're trying to achieve? What transformer will
you use? If you're talking about writing your own transformer, I would recommend
using the SourceWritingTransformer and creating an FTPSource that you can write
to. Even better, write a VFS source (giving other protocols too). The source itself
could probably be configured to record success/failure, and to only transfer once.

> (BTW, Cocoon2.1 is not an option at this point)

It's a real shame that you're not able to use 2.1, as it now can write directly to
modifiable sources. Therefore, if you had an FTP source, you could generate a page
and have the CLI send it straight to your FTP server.

> Thanks again !

You're welcome!

Upayavira