cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: WG: WG: Problems with umlaut in cocoon2.04
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 19:26:10 GMT
Nice to hear, that it works. But ...

Przybilla, Frank wrote:
> Hello Joerg,
>
> that's it! When I remove the encoding specification, so that it defaults
> to UTF-8, then it works. Maybe in former versions of coocoon the jsp
> generator
> was aware of the specified encoding, but now it is confused.

... I don't think that this correct. Maybe in the old version the result
of the JSP was ISO-8859-1 encoded by default and this has now changed to
UTF-8. But you can't tell the parser that the content encoding is
ISO-8859-1, if that's not true. With writing the xml declaration by
hand, you don't influence the content encoding, but you possibly give
the parser a wrong hint on the encoding.

Joerg