cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: WG: Problems with umlaut in cocoon2.04
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 08:32:23 GMT
Hello Frank,

creating the xml declaration by hand is always a bad solution. You tell
the XML parser to read the document in a possible wrong encoding - and
this is what I guess from your error descriptions. If the JSPGenerator
encodes the output in UTF-8 and you have ISO-8859-1 in the declaration,
the parser can't read the document correctly. What you must find out (or
configure) is the output encoding of your JSP file creating the XML. Try
to remove the declaration or set it to UTF-8 (the default for the
parser). Maybe this already works.

Joerg