cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Schatten <ala...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: passing parameters to xsp files
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 14:50:11 GMT
Carolien.Coenen@cm.be wrote:

> This all works fine, updating and everything. Except for this: I want
> the right foreign key selected in my form. I cannot expect my users to
> select the right owner in the drop down box everytime they do an
> update. So I want to tell the owner.xsp file the owner_id of the
> application.xsp file that includes it. A simple test in the owner.xslt
> should then do the trick. I know it is possible to pass parameters
> through the sitemap, but in this case I want the contents of my
> parameter to be dependent on the contents of my xsp file. I don't know
> how to do this. I don't even know if I'm thinking in the right direction.
>
> Can you please help me on this? Thanks!

I am not sure whether I do understand the problem precisely, but you
know, that you can make cascaded transformations?

I mean something like: XSP-->XSLT-->SQL Transformer--->XSLT--->Serializer

So then you could prepare the stuff in the XSP, then use the SQL
transformer to get the detail information and finally put it all together.

I am not really sure, whether this helps, but maybe you get a new idea.

alex