cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Schatten <ala...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: Again: "forgotten" namespaces problem
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 11:24:50 GMT
Torsten Knodt wrote:

>On Monday 02 June 2003 09:49, Alexander Schatten wrote:
>AS> However, revisiting the problem (also watching websites others create
>AS> with Cocoon), I have to realize, that leftover namespaces are very
>AS> usual; e.g. the following: SQL, i18n, XHTML also others, that have
>AS> nothing to do with HTML specification.
>Don't know why I didn't see your first posting. But I had, like many others,
>the same problem. I've solved by writing a NamespaceStripperTransformer,
>which creates a DOM and removes unused namespaces. This solves the problem
>for me. I can put it in the BTS on request. And no, I can't use SAX, because
>I have to modify elements dependent on their childs. Details are in my
>source.

Is this the solution, posted on the Wiki? If not, please could you
provide the solution, though, as mentioned already several times, this
is only a workaround, no solution in my opinion. The HTMLSerializre
definitly should do this.

Unfortunately I currently have no time to go into the Cocoon sources to
write a patch for the serializer by myself.

Alex