cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Timberlake <and...@timberlake.co.za>
Subject Re: create new Violation: xmlForm
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 10:37:05 GMT
Hill

Firstly, the error is in the line
List list = null;
You need to initialise the list to something.
You are calling list.add(... in the following line.

I use the following method:

private List AddViolation(String path, String message)
{
     Violation violation = new Violation();
     violation.setPath(path);
     violation.setMessage(message);
     List list = getForm().getViolations();
     if(list == null)
         list = new ArrayList();
     list.add(0, violation);
     return list;
}

And then add the violation by calling the method:

getForm().addViolations(AddViolation("/card", "New Error"));

Hope this helps!

Andrew