cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: Can't seem to load Firebird driver
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2003 08:28:49 GMT
On 06.Jun.2003 -- 09:21 AM, Nier, Nikolai wrote:
> > Von: Edison Too [mailto:edisontoo@yahoo.com.sg]
>
> > Not sure if you are aware of this, the Firdbird JDBC driver
> > is not an all-in-one jar.
> > you need a jta-spec1_0_1.jar and connector.jar as well.
>
> Thank you VERY much, that was what I needed! We'd successfully used the firebirdsql.jar
with a JSP and a Java Bean before, instantiating the driver with Class.forName(), and that's
why I didn't know anything else was needed.

Just a note: I just tried to put this onto the wiki at
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=SpecificDatabaseConnection but
could not quite follow the instructions while looking at the jaybird
zip file from firebird.sf.net.

Could you add a page to the wiki about this?

Cheers.

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l