cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Philippe Remels" <PRem...@isabel.be>
Subject WebServiceProxyGenerator fails to handle URL
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2003 16:58:51 GMT
Trying to use WebServiceProxyGenerator I keep getting the error :
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Error invoking remote service: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
host parameter is null: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: host parameter is null

With the following Stack

Original Exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: host parameter is null
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.<init>(HttpConnection.java:227)
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.<init>(HttpConnection.java:148)
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.SimpleHttpConnectionManager.getConnection(SimpleHttpConnectionManager.java:123)

at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:548)
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:476)
at org.apache.cocoon.generation.WebServiceProxyGenerator.fetch(WebServiceProxyGenerator.java:251)

I have Cocoon 2.1-m2 installed on Tomcat. The following map:generate instruction causes the
error :
    <map:pipeline>
      <map:match pattern="brol1">
        <map:generate type="proxy" src="http://192.168.32.75:8080/testservlet/Brol1"/>
        <!-- map:transform type="xslt" src="something.xsl"/-->
        <map:serialize type="html"/>
      </map:match>
    </map:pipeline>

I saw in dev mailing list that there was some discussion on method selection (get or post)
. The source I have doesn't seem to take that discussion into account. Is there a recent fix
? How could I get it ?

Philippe Remels
Technical Designer
* premels@isabel.be
* : +32 (02) 545.17.11 * : +32 (02) 545.17.19
Isabel SA
Bd. de l'Impératrice 13-15
B - 1000 Bruxelles
Web : www.isabel.be

DISCLAIMER : Confidential information may be contained in this message and it may be legally
privileged.  If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery
of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such
case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Please
advise immediately if you or your employer does not consent to Internet email for messages
of this kind.  Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate
to the official business of Isabel shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.
Messages and attachments are swept by a virusscanner. If this message contains password-protected
attachments, the files have not been scanned for viruses by the Isabel mail domain. Always
scan attachments before opening them.