cocoon-users mailing list archives

From morten svan├Žs <mor...@web-som-virker.no>
Subject can't resolve session in xsp
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2003 07:47:44 GMT
Hi,
I'm getting a error mesage when I'm trying to access the session in
a xsp script and I don't understand why.
It happens when I'm trying to assign a session variable with
session.getAttribute to a another variable, but when I write
<xsp-session:get-attribute name="user"/> outside the <xsp:logic>
it works.
Here is the error message:

 org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Language Exception:
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Error compiling
meny_xsp:
ERROR 1 (org\apache\cocoon\www\xmldbform\useradmin\meny_xsp.java):

String myvar =

(

// start error (lines 81-81) "session cannot be resolved"
XSPSessionHelper.getSessionAttribute(session,

// end error
String.valueOf("user"),
null)
)
;

Line 81, column 0: session cannot be resolved

Here is a code snippet from my xsp file:
 <xsp:logic>
  String myvar = <xsp-session:get-attribute name="user"/>;
 </xsp:logic>

I'm running cocoon-2.1m2

Regards
Morten Svanaes