cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "f_Parlant" <fxp.cocoon-u...@laposte.net>
Subject where 's my prefix ?
Date Sat, 14 Jun 2003 16:43:18 GMT
HTML PREFIX STRIPED

Hi,
hope someone can help me.

0) PROBLEM
The "html" prefix for my xhtml tags disappear from the serialisation.

1) CONTEXT
I want to output an xml document based on xhtml transitional doctype.
The output contains 3 namespaces:
- default declared "xhtml" but not used, because often overriden by xmldb
processing
- html : xhtml (to be sure the links and forms for are explicitly html)
- my namespace

2) RESULT
All prefix for my own namespace are there, but all the html ones are gone.

2.1) FAKE SOLUTION
My only way to trick cocoon was to declare a fake namespace in my
stylesheet, for the html not be understood.
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:html="sdfgsdf"
xmlns:fx="http://fx.wanadoo.fr/xmlns/fx" version="1.0">
But the first tags, html:style, are still deprefixed...

3) TESTS

- browser : It does not come apparently from the brower (same result in
Mozilla and IE) Same "view source": html prefix striped.

- serializers : I declared them in my sitmap directly from the cocoon pages
on serializer. I tried xml, xhtml, but could not see the difference (html
and text showed the effect of changing serializer)

- xalan : a xalan-j and a xalan-c gives the correct output : the prefix are
there. (But I've got many xalan.jar on my machine, and can't find out which
one is used when I type "java org.apache.xalan.xslt.processor ...". I've got
eXist and Xindice in addition of cocoon.)

MACHINE
win98
ie6
cocoon-2.0.3jar
xalan 2.0.1 or 2.3.1 or  2.4.0

Please, help me, I've seen a lot of people in the archive wanting to get rid
of prefixes, but nobody wanting them back. I don't know what's happening.
Any idea ?

Fran├žois