cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: [Ann] Geoid: connect Cocoon with geographic information
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 11:30:16 GMT
Luca

Thanks, yes, I have seen this example before. It
still does look pretty much like a "standard" IMS
app.

I guess I did not express myself too well - I am
looking to understand how the use of Cocoon will
help simplify the process of deploying ArcIMS in/with
a web app - or is it just another "add on" with all the
same hard work (or so my colleagues tell me!) required
to do the mapping side?

Thanks
Derek

>>> luca.morandini1@tin.it 14/05/2003 01:22:21 >>>
Derek Hohls wrote:
> Luca
>
> My company are quite extensive users of ArcIMS and have
> been looking for easier and better ways of integrating it into
> web apps (not just ones with a purely spatial focus) - I
> would like to persuade them that integrating via Cocoon is
> "the way to go" - are there any sites showing any demos
> of the connector "in action" to give some idea of the range
> of options/applications one could tackle if using the
> connector?

Yes and no, the software I donated is in use at:
http://www.sidimar.ipzs.it/ (click on the map on the left)
but the current AimsTransformer release is not yet in use there.

Differences between the two connectors are minor though.

Regards,

                Luca Morandini
                GIS Consultant
               lmorandini@ieee.org