cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Harald Wehr <hw...@hs-harz.de>
Subject Re: [Ann] Geoid: connect Cocoon with geographic information
Date Tue, 13 May 2003 06:14:26 GMT
Hi,

  > It is not much, we know, but we are determined to soon provide Geoid
> connectors to the Minnesota University's MapServer and other open-source
> services.

Do you have any plans how to implement the connection to Minnesota
Mapserver? We have developed a connection to the cgi script in our
application based on xml. A generator takes the requests from the
clients and sets the desired cgi parameters via httpunit. With a small
modification we get xml back from cgi script and generate the output.

Additionally we tried to use the java mapscript feature of mapserver. As
there were threading problems the jvm often died so we moved to httpunit
and normal http connection.

Harald