cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Christopher Painter-Wakefield" <paint...@mc.duke.edu>
Subject Re: esql stored procedure problem
Date Fri, 02 May 2003 17:11:19 GMT

The other thing I would recommend is to read the Sybase docs and see what
it expects to happen for a stored proc call.  Then compare that to your
query syntax and to the generated java code.  Maybe jConnect expects a
slightly different set of calls, or a different query format or something.

-Christopher

                      Jeff Sexton

                      <jsexton@odshp.co        To:       cocoon-users@xml.apache.org

                      m>                       cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: esql stored procedure problem

                      05/02/2003 01:05

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      cocoon-users

On Fri, 2 May 2003, Geoff Howard wrote:
> Wouldn't you drop "exec"? and just use proc_name in esql:call?

That gives "syntax error near provDetail"

The example on the apache site does not include "exec".  I added it just
as a guess.

> >What database are you using?  Are you sure "exec proc_name(...)" works
> >generally?  E.g., that works in SQL*Plus for Oracle, but not in other
query
> >tools.

I'm using Sybase ASE and jConnect.  I have production servlets using
various types of calls, and cocoon database apps using straight queries,
all working.  I'd like to figure out how to call a stored procedure from
xsp rather than writing a little servlet that returns XML as I have been
doing so far.

I'll keep trying other combinations.