cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Adam Shelley" <ashel...@inlandkwpp.com>
Subject RE: XMLForm and Cocoon 2.1-dev M1
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 21:39:47 GMT
[sorry if another double post makes it to the list.  my client has been
acting up and refuses to default to my 'subscribed' address. yay outlook.]

Heh,

Thanks for the tips guys.  Not sure if this has been pointed out yet but
creating the endorsed dir in java_home didn't work correctly.  The jars must
be installed in the tomcat endorsed directory and everything flys smoothly.

thanks again,

-Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephan Michels [mailto:stephan@apache.org]
Sent: May 1, 2003 12:34 PM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: XMLForm and Cocoon 2.1-dev M1

On Thu, 1 May 2003, Adam Shelley wrote:

> I was up running on Cocoon 2.0.4 with the prebuilt war package and I went
> install cocoon2.1M1 by renaming the existing webapp\cocoon to
> webapp\cocoon2.0.4 and made a new webapp\cocoon directory.  In
webapp\cocoon
> directory i copied all the contents of the build\webapp\ of the
> cocoon-2.1-M1 i just built.  (Is there a way to build the war file?)
>
> I get nothing but blank pages.  I noticed some errors when i switch the
> level to DEBUG. I'm on tomcat 4.1.18 java 1.4.1.

java.lang.IllegalAccessError: class
org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.sax2dtm.SAX2DTM2$AncestorIterator cannot access its
superclass
org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.DTMDefaultBaseIterators$InternalAxisIteratorBase
        at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClassInternal(WebappClassLo
ader.java:1664)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClass(WebappClassLoader.jav
a:953)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.jav
a:1394)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.jav
a:1274)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:315)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xsltc.dom.XSLTCDTMManager.getDTM(XSLTCDTMManager.java:291)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xsltc.dom.XSLTCDTMManager.getDTM(XSLTCDTMManager.java:174)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xsltc.trax.TransformerHandlerImpl.startDocument(Transformer
HandlerImpl.java:232)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.xml.AbstractXMLPipe.startDocument(AbstractXMLPipe.java:83)
        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startDocument(AbstractSAXParser.
java:279)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNamespaceBinder.startDocument(XMLNamespaceBinder.j
ava:445)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.startDocument(XMLDTDValidator.jav
a:616)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.startEntity(XMLDocumentScanner
Impl.java:431)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startEntity(XMLEntityManager.java:88
9)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startDocumentEntity(XMLEntityManager
.java:753)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.setInputSource(XMLDocumentScan
nerImpl.java:260)
        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(DTDConfiguration.java:499)
        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(DTDConfiguration.java:581)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:152)
        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:117
5)
        at
org.apache.excalibur.xml.impl.JaxpParser.parse(JaxpParser.java:302)
        at
org.apache.excalibur.xmlizer.DefaultXMLizer.toSAX(DefaultXMLizer.java:161)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.environment.AbstractEnvironment.toSAX(AbstractEnvironment.
java:541)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.environment.http.HttpEnvironment.toSAX(HttpEnvironment.jav
a:305)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.environment.AbstractEnvironment.toSAX(AbstractEnvironment.
java:521)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.generation.FileGenerator.generate(FileGenerator.java:140)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline
.processXMLPipeline(AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:283)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.process(Abs
tractProcessingPipeline.java:489)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SerializeNode.invoke(Seri
alizeNode.java:150)

> Any input is greatly appreciated.

Ahh, yes, seems to be a more general problem, and I think it is same
problem I had:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xalan-dev&m=105108731804676&w=2

Be sure that you copy the libs within the endorsed directory.

Stephan.

BTW, why doesn't handle the pipeline the IllegalAccessError? And return a
blank page instead?