cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Adam Shelley" <ashel...@inlandkwpp.com>
Subject RE: HSSF Serializer - GMR manual?
Date Mon, 05 May 2003 17:34:08 GMT
Does anyone have a mirror of the gnumeric-xml.pdf file.  I tried to download
it from the website posted but it says %eof tag is corrupted.  (For some
reason google can "view as html it" but you can't download the file and view
it :(.

-Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: Antonio Gallardo [mailto:agallardo@agsoftware.dnsalias.com]
Sent: May 1, 2003 7:01 PM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: HSSF Serializer - GMR manual?

Hi:

I have installed the Red Hat Linux 9. It comes with gnumeric 1.0.12
(lastest stable release. check:
http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnumeric/download.shtml )

I looks like the lastest reference of the format is the referenced PDF
that Joerg Heinicke sent you, check
http://www.superlinksoftware.com/gnumeric-xml.pdf

If you are using Linux and need to learn more about the format what you
can do is:
1-run gnumeric

2-write a similar spreadsheet as you want and then save it in gnumeric
standard format.

3-change the name of saved file from my_filename.gnumeric to my_filename.gz
Then unzip it and you get the XML.

Here is the start of a similar file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<gmr:Workbook xmlns:gmr="http://www.gnumeric.org/v10.dtd"
  xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.gnumeric.org/v8.xsd">
  <gmr:Attributes>
    <gmr:Attribute>
      <gmr:name>WorkbookView::show_horizontal_scrollbar</gmr:name>
      <gmr:type>4</gmr:type>
      <gmr:value>TRUE</gmr:value>
    </gmr:Attribute>

If you are less lucky and still use M$ Virus, sorry MS Windows ;-)
What you can do is download the sources of Gnumeric and check the files.
There are many interesting headers that you can take advantage and check
how the attributes of the format works.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo