cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Gould, Troy (ELS)" <T.Go...@Elsevier.com>
Subject RE: using XML String in XSP
Date Wed, 28 May 2003 19:28:58 GMT
I've tried your suggestions for whitespace and alternative xml tags (and
attributes) and it still craps out.

The example from Cocoon Developers book (shown below) doesn't even work

<xsp:logic>
String xmlString = "<test>A test value</test>";
<util:include-expr><util:expr>xmlString</util:expr></util:include-expr>
</xsp:logic>

Even putting the <xsp:expr/> tag around xmlString doesn't work either.  I've
tried addeding/removing whitespace all over the place and still not working.

The generated .java code for the .xsp file is just putting the following in
the code:
String xmlString = "

which is where I see the errors in the log files.

Seems like a definite bug.

I'm to the point where I'd rather just write my own Transformer.   Seems
like a bug like this has to be a show stopper for a lot of people.