cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Colin Kingsbury" <Co...@empolis-na.com>
Subject Caching a file generator which gets content from a URL?
Date Fri, 02 May 2003 18:46:41 GMT
Hi all,

I have a URL like so:
http://foo/servlet/doSomething?param=bar which returns a mess of XML.

I have a pipeline which builds a document by calling URLs like these
through FileTransformers. What I would like to do is have the result be
cached so that a full regeneration only happens when one of the
underlying resources has changed, an event which can be expected to
happen on maybe a daily or hourly basis.

AFAICT the caching pipeline with File Transformer will cache based on
the modified date of the file, but ifd the file isn't a file, what ever
will it do?

Thanks in advance!

Best,
-cwk.