cocoon-users mailing list archives

From <Sylvain.The...@swisscom.com>
Subject Portal: how to manage large amount of users?
Date Mon, 12 May 2003 07:57:53 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to adapt the Cocoon portal for my company but I have a question about managing
a large amount of portal users.

I have about 700 users for my portal and the basic solution (a username/password per user
in a XML file) doesn't seem to be practice.

I work in a "MS windows" environment and a "Active Directory" network where the authentication
for all users is managed (it's a LDAP repository I think).

Is there another solution to manage users like:

- to have groups of users in the basic solution

- to retrieve information about authentication directly from the network

- or to allow to have more than one user per username/password

Is there someone that have an experience in this kind of problem and environment?

Thanks
Regards
Sylvain