cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: cocoon2.1 on linux SuSe8.1
Date Mon, 05 May 2003 12:04:40 GMT
Starting with cocoon2.1 M1 (which is what I assume you are referring to) there
is only one distribution.  Cocoon is so highly configurable that this is the
only feasible way (currently - future releases of Cocoon will involve an
innovative
solution that may enable binary distributions) to allow for them all.

Building/installing cocoon though is quite easy - read the INSTALL.txt in the
root directory.  It boils down to ./build.sh and then optionally copying
the necessary files to the right location for your servlet container of
choice.  If you don't yet have a servlet container and want to test drive
cocoon right away, we ship a stripped down version of Jetty for this very
purpose.  To use it, simply do ./cocoon.sh servlet and check out
http://localhost:8888/.

If you have specific problems or questions, write back here.

HTH,
Geoff Howard