cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Savino, Matt C" <Matt.C.Sav...@questdiagnostics.com>
Subject Setting Date cells using HSSFSerializer?
Date Fri, 02 May 2003 16:02:03 GMT
Hello. I've gotten some great help from this board so far getting the HSSFSerializer up and
running. Now I'm down to one major requirement that I need to get working through the HSSFSerializer/GMR
stylesheet before I can declare it workable for us. Basically I'm looking for a working example
that shows how to create a Date cell. Any other resources anyone could point me to would also
be extremely helpful.

This is the only example I've found so far: http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/cocoon-2.0/src/webapp/samples/poi/content/static/test-date.xml?rev=1.1&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
. It seems to suggest that creating the date through an expression on the Excel side is the
way to go.

       <gmr:Cell Col="0" Row="6" ValueType="60" ValueFormat="@">
          <gmr:Content>This day is:</gmr:Content>
        </gmr:Cell>
        <gmr:Cell Col="1" Row="6">
          <gmr:Content>=day(B1)</gmr:Content>
        </gmr:Cell>
        <gmr:Cell Col="2" Row="6">
          <gmr:Content>=day(today())</gmr:Content>
        </gmr:Cell>

But I just get blank values for col 1 and 2 (as with any other expression I try). Any ideas
or pointers at all are greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

-Matt Savino