cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject java.net.BindException: Address already in use (was: Apperant <xsl:include/> Failure)
Date Wed, 28 May 2003 08:05:17 GMT
Hello Chris,

please compose a new mail if you want to open a new thread. Otherwise
the subject is misleading and the mails are wrongly sorted in
thread-view-able browsers.

> Server.run/init: java.net.BindException: Address already in use

This may happen if your server was not shut down correctly the last
time. This has not much to do with Cocoon I guess. You can kill such
processes in Linux with "killall -9 java". BUT beware this kills every
java process on this machine owned by the logged in user. It's also
possible to search for the process ids and kill them step by step. In
Windows NT or 2000 you can use the task manager to kill java processes.

Joerg