cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joel Greenyer <jgreen...@s-und-n.de>
Subject Re: Best practise for wml/xhtml site
Date Mon, 26 May 2003 15:34:58 GMT
Hi Karri,
I had a similar problem some time ago. Actually, using xhtml as a basis
solves most problems.
What I found trick, is to find a good way to describe forms. If I recall
correctly, in wml the wml-cards and variables have to be used, which is
a bit more complicated than html-forms. Thats why I found it easier to
construct my own xml markup. If there's a nice way to do this with
xhtml, tell me:-) .

Joel

Karri Niemelä wrote:

>I'm planning a site, where content is either displayed as wml or xhtml. By using DELI
I can get the needed info about clients, so the formatting is done right (meaning that other
devices can accept larger pictures etcetc)

>Now, what I was thinking is that what would be the best way to actually present the actual
content (xml)?

>I mean I could have something like:
>
><page>
>
>  <link to="somewhere.org"></link>
>
></page>
>
>or similar, and then transform that by using the stylesheets to either wml or xhtml..
Or should I perhaps just use xhtml as basis, and then convert that to wml when needed?