cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: That ole "org.apache.xml.dtm.DTMException: No more DTM IDs are available" again...
Date Wed, 21 May 2003 21:51:14 GMT
Hello Lee,

it's really a bad message. We thought everything is ok with current
Xalan releases :-(
 From the environment check output you surely have Xalan 2.5 and Xerces
2.4 in use. But is it possible, that you have other versions of those
packages in the classpath?

I don't have a solution for you, I only want to mention that the
environment check can be done with a simple stylesheet
(http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/faq.html#environmentcheck) instead of
modifying Java source files.

Joerg

Francis, Lee wrote:
> I am using cocoon with Xalan 2.5.0 and Xerces 2.4.0 to transform an xml
> source file into an excel doc. I have been getting the problem :
> org.apache.xml.dtm.DTMException: No more DTM IDs are available
> The xsl is very simple as is the xml doc, it works fine when transforming a
> small xml source doc but anything of size 2+ MB I get the no more dtm id's
> problem.
>
> Having read through all the threads on how to resolve this issue I have
> tried all of the following.
>
> make sure most recent version of Xalan 2.5 and Xerces 2.4 are being used, I
> even modified the CocoonServlet so it writes out it my environment..
> boolean environmentOK = (new EnvironmentCheck()).checkEnvironment (new
> PrintWriter(System.out));
>
> The result was :
... environment check output shortened ...
> version.xerces2=Xerces-J 2.4.0
> version.xalan2_2=Xalan Java 2.5.0
>
> I even removed all the apache stuff from rt.jar.
> The next thing I looked at was my xml source file and the xsl file to make
> sure there was no crazy infinite recursion happening, the xml file was just
> over 4MB and looked something like this...

... xml snippet removed ...
> and the xsl looked something like this :
... xsl snippet removed ...