cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Schatten <ala...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: Cocoon at Jax2003
Date Thu, 15 May 2003 18:42:57 GMT
Matthew Langham wrote:

>The Jax2003 conference in Frankfurt finished today. The conference on Java,
>Apache and XML attracted nearly 1000 people (up 20% from last year).

<snip>

>The buzz is there.

well, sounds really great, congratulations!

are there some materials, informations available on the web?

btw. some personal comment; I tested cocoon the last time about 1 1/2
year (a little more, I guess) and then again since a few weeks I am
using it in some projects and have to say, that Cocoon about 1 1/2 years
ago was excellent in concept but really a pain in the ass from the
practical point of view. particularly because the documentation was
terribly bad.

I was very positively astonished to see, that the Cocoon documentation
today is nearly excellent, some points might be still missing
(internationalization in sitemap components, a clean description of CLI)
but mainly it is very good, and Cocoon hence becomes very usuful by this
developments.

congratulations also to this.

all the best

Alex