cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Cocoon xml:fo question
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 22:40:51 GMT
Tim Bachta wrote:
> Hi all,  I don't know if this is the right place for this question,

A better place would be to isolate the problem and ask on the
fop-user or on the XSL list.

> hopefully someone here can help me, but I am having some trouble
> displaying a table of data in a PDF file.  I have no problem displaying
> this data in html using cocoon but my transition to the PDF format has
> been a little rough to say the least.  Here is the code that I am using.

The code is not of much help in order to reproduce the problem.
1. Look into the Cocoon logs for possible problems logged by the
    PDF serializer.
2. Replace the PDF serializer with an XML serializer and save the
    file to disk. Check whether the content looks good. Get a FOP
    distribution and use the command line app to produce a PDF.
    Watch out for possible problem reports. Repeat with the -d
    flag, if necessary.

Maybe the problem is here:
>        <fo:table border="solid 1px black">
>              <fo:table-body>

FOP needs declarations for the table columns.

J.Pietschmann