cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: Cocoon eating up memory
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 07:31:16 GMT
shoaib wrote:
> I am already using jdk1.4.1_01.
> I see a  lot of java processes running eve after we have closed the
> browser.What does it mean..and these java processes are taking up memory
> space which according to  me should get released once u finish a
> request.

Seeing lots of java processes under Linux is normal. Those are not
processes but threads, and the fact that they are shown as processes by
"ps" is due to a "feature" of Linux's kernel threads implementation. If
you look carefully, you'll see that all those threads are using the same
amount of memory, that is the memory used by the whole JVM. In other
words, you shouldn't sum those values in determining the amount of
memory used, but count them only once.

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://www.beblogging.com/