cocoon-users mailing list archives

From David Kavanagh <...@dotech.com>
Subject SQL transformer character escaping
Date Sat, 03 May 2003 17:04:29 GMT
I hate to bug... I could generate a patch for this issue, but I'd like
to know from other people if they see this as an issue. If not, how do
you work around it. (BTW, now, I've looked at the code and know where to
do the character substitution).
.
.
I'm using the SQLTransformer to grab data from a database (no surprise
there). The data contains the "&" character. It seems like that isn't
being escaped in the XML being generated. When I've written
transformers, I make sure the XML generated escapes characters like <,
 >, &, etc.
Is there some feature in the SQLTransformer that I need to enable to
make this happen? I think it just calls sendTextEvent() on the
AbstractSQLTransformer. Haven't looked at that code yet.

David