cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject RE: Basic Cocoon/POI XML ---> Excel Question
Date Mon, 19 May 2003 07:33:42 GMT
Mehra, Vishal dijo:
> Antonio,
>
> Based on my calculations, I can generate 2K cells per minute.
>
> In your environment, it takes 3 minutes to generate 1K records. If each
> record contains 6 column, then both of us achieve the same performance
> from POI. If you have more than 6 column per record, that would be
> interesting.

Yes, I have more columns in some cases 20. plus some calculations on it.
But by now we must work with this "slow" generation. PDF is also slow. But
this is better than write ot at hand ;)

You must advise users that a 20000K register must be runned overnight.
Also, who will read this report writing on Excel?

20000 @ 80 lines per page = 250 pages! I know the philosophy of:

"When they does not have any report, they dont need anyone, but once you
show a report, then they ask you for 10 more!" ;)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.