cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: showing XHTML from a database
Date Fri, 23 May 2003 11:06:54 GMT
On 21.May.2003 -- 06:46 PM, I-Lin Kuo wrote:
> After searching some more, it seems that using
> <esql:get-xml>may be the answer to the problem
> of outputting xhtml that's retrieved from a DB, but the
> documentation on this is woefully sparse.

Yes, this is the intended use of esql:get-xml

If the fragment is not retrieved from a DB, the util logicsheet
contains some other tags to include strings.

There are some problems, though: Namespaces need to be declared inside
the included fragment and the fragment needs to be a document,
really. IOW it may only have a single root element. There's a
possibility to add a new root element to wrap the fragment to get
around this issue.

HTH

	Chris.
--