cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Laurence Sargent <laurence_sarg...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JSP XML format
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 08:47:07 GMT
 --- Konstantin Piroumian <kpiroumian@apache.org>
wrote:

> Does this old JSP format work for you?

- JSP syntax works fine. It is only when trying to use
 the XML syntax in the JSP that I experience the
problem and only for some tags i.e. the <jsp:root>
works as does <jsp:directive.page> . If I remove the
<jsp:text> tag from the code the page is properly
displayed. I get the same problem with the
<jsp:scriptlet> tag.

- On closer inspection, it seems that my other taglibs
are not working either under XML syntax. The .tld file
seems to be found (putting the wrong path in web.xml
results in an error - the correct path doesn't), but
the prefix doesn't seem to be picked up, resulting in
an error:

[Undeclared prefix in name: mynamespace:mytag]

> By default, Cocoon is setup to use Jasper from
> Tomcat for JSPs. You will
> need to reconfigure it to run on Orion. Take a look
> at the <jsp-engine>
> section in cocoon.xconf.

- The jsp-engine is set up as follows in cocoon.xconf
and works for JSP syntax pages:

  <jsp-engine logger="core.jsp-engine">
    <parameter name="servlet-class"
value="com.evermind.server.http.JSPServlet"/>
    <parameter name="servlet-name" value="*.jsp"/>
  </jsp-engine>