cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Lenyon" <m...@lenyon.com>
Subject Re: problems tracking session from page to page
Date Wed, 28 May 2003 06:14:27 GMT
geoff,

you're right!  i moved the create-session attribute to the first map:part in
the aggregation you saw in my example.  i did the same in another nearly
identical aggregation in my sitemap.  now i'm able to access the session
from within the particular map:part where i wanted to in the first place.

i don't quite understand why this change made it work, though.  my only
clues are:

1.)  by accessing the session in the first map:part, i've somehow enabled
session access in a later map:part that otherwise wouldn't have
been able to access the session successfully.

2.)  the IllegalStateException was telling me that i "Cannot create a
session
after the response has been committed."

each map:part invokes a matcher similar to this one:

<map:match pattern="choose_item.products">
    <map:generate type="serverpages" src="xsp/choose_item.products.xsp"/>
    <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

does the map:serialize "commit" the response?  is that what the error
message is
talking about?

thanks!

Mike Lenyon