cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ralph Goers" <rg1...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: How to work with cocoon?
Date Fri, 23 May 2003 14:46:55 GMT
I too, am not a fan of the recommendation that you put your stuff into
cocoon and build/deploy from there.

Instead, I build cocoon and then set COCOON_HOME to the install directory
and COCOON_BUILDDIR to the build\cocoon-whatever subdirectory (it changes a
lot).  I then build my stuff in my own area with my own ant files putting
cocoon's stuff in the classpath.  When building my war file I copy what I
need from the cocoon build.  The biggest downside to this are sitemap.xmap
and cocoon.xconf, since they change a lot.  sitemap.xmap could be made
easier to work with if the main sitemap had a pipeline that only routed to a
secondary sitemap. Then I could just replace the secondary sitemap with mine
and not have to change the main sitemap at all.  cocoon.xconf is harder
since I am deleting stuff from it and adding other stuff to it.  It would be
nicer if there was a way to enable/disable stuff in there from a properties
file or some other way, but even then I have to modify cocoon.xconf just to
specify my own cocoon.roles file. <sigh>

Ralph