cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Conal Tuohy" <con...@paradise.net.nz>
Subject RE: How to access the querystring in XSL?
Date Sat, 10 May 2003 21:50:23 GMT
Jako Praher wrote:

> Am Sam, 2003-05-10 um 20.44 schrieb João César:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > We're getting the querystring in the sitemap, using {request:query}
> > but inside a XSL transformation is it possible to simply access the
> > querystring value and put it inside a variable?
> >

> <map:transform type="xslt" src="...xsl" >
> 	<map:parameter name="use-request-parameters" value="true" />
> </map:transform>

Alternatively, you can pass individual parameters to your stylesheet using
the "request-param" input module, like this:

<map:transform type="xslt" src="...xsl" >
	<map:parameter name="foo" value="request-param:foo" />
	<map:parameter name="bar" value="request-param:bar" />
</map:transform>

There are some advantages to passing parameters individually:
1)	it better documents what parameters the xslt actually uses
2)	the cache validity depends only the parameters you actually use

Cheers

Con