cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Mustafa Yalniz" <yal...@bumed.org.tr>
Subject database user management in sunspotdemoportal
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 17:25:58 GMT
Hi,

We are using sunspotdemoportal in Cocoon 2.0.4 as a basis for our
application. Basically it uses xml files as resources for authentication
and roles management.

Because we will expect a big number of users we would like to use
database instead of xml files for the user and role management.

We know how we could access a database from cocoon.

Can we replace the content of existing xml files (e.g
sunrise-newuser.xml) with needed xml statements accessing database or
does we have to take care of possible sunShine side effects?

For example instead of below:

<adduser xmlns:sunshine="http://cocoon.apache.org/sunshine/1.0">
  <!-- add to sunrise users -->
  <sunshine:insert>
    <sunshine:file>vip/resources/sunrise-user.xml</sunshine:file>
    <sunshine:path>/authentication/users</sunshine:path>
    <sunshine:fragment>
      <user>
        ...user info
      </user>
    </sunshine:fragment>
    <sunshine:replace>
      user[name='<sunshine:getxml context="request"
path="/parameter/ID"/>']
    </sunshine:replace>
  </sunshine:insert>
</adduser>

We have below lines with appropriate sitemap changes.

<adduser xmlns:sunshine="http://cocoon.apache.org/sunshine/1.0">
  <!-- add to sunrise users -->
  <!-- XML statements to add user in the database -->
</adduser>

Does the infrastructure relies on these xml files and when we do it with
database are we going to be missing anything?

Best regards,
Mustafa