cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Boon Hian Tek <b...@bhtek.dyndns.org>
Subject Re: Help with serverpages generator.
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2003 15:34:13 GMT
Hi Geoff,

> Can you send the relevant snippet of your xsp (where you get
> your session object?)
Absolutely.
Thanks for your help in advance.
<xsp:page
    xmlns:sql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0"
    xmlns:bh="http://bhtek.dyndns.org/photo"
    xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"

  <xsp:structure>
    <xsp:include>org.bhtek.photo.cocoon.action.ILoginAction</xsp:include>
    <xsp:include>org.bhtek.photo.model.UserModel</xsp:include>
    <xsp:include>org.apache.cocoon.environment.Session</xsp:include>
  </xsp:structure>
  <xsp:logic>
  UserModel um;
  public UserModel getUser() {
    if (this.um != null) {
      return this.um;
    }
  Session session = request.getSession(true);
    UserModel um = (UserModel)
session.getAttribute(ILoginAction.MAGIC_KEY_USER);
    this.um = um;
  return um;
  }
  </xsp:logic>
I then use <xsp:expr>getUser().getId()</xsp:expr> for example to get the
user ID
etc.

> Also, if you are doing any caching code in your xsp (implementing
> the caching methods) you'll need to send that.  If you are not
> doing anything cache related there, there should be no caching
> happening of any kind, regardless of your pipeline set up.
No, I am not doing anything like that...
I have seen it being cached even when all I did in the XSP was
<xsp:expr>new Date()</xsp:expr>
Maybe I have some really serious configuration issue some where.
I just wanted to know that it wasn't some weird known bug. If it
is some bad configuration I made, serve me right ;b
I will let you know if I manage to fix this.
Really, thanks for your help.

> Either you have found a very nasty bug, or something totally unrelated
> is going wrong.  For instance:
> - double check your browser settings to confirm this is not client-side
> caching.
Double checked it with Mozilla 1.3, Phoenix 0.5, and Opera 7.1beta.
Not caching.

> - are you going through any kind of proxy that could be caching results?
No, I am not.

> I lean toward the unrelated problem by the way, because lots of people
> are
I do too :)

> using 2.1 head and no problems like this have been reported.  How did you
> aquire head?  If checked out from cvs, what module name did you use?
cocoon-2.1

Boon