cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Christopher Painter-Wakefield" <paint...@mc.duke.edu>
Subject Re: esql not working at all, no connection ever created!
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2003 18:48:20 GMT

Is this the whole XSP program?  If so, the problem is that you don't have
the required single non-xsp child node of xsp:page.  E.g., you have:
<xsp:page ...>
      <esql:connection>
      </esql:connection>
</xsp:page>

but you need to have:
<xsp:page ...>
      <some-node>
            <esql:connection>
            </esql:connection>
      </some-node>
</xsp:page>

If that isn't the problem, write back and we'll try something else.

-Christopher

|         |           Not Available    |
|         |           <aseriousissue@ya|
|         |           hoo.com>         |
|         |           04/01/2003 01:28 |
|         |           cocoon-users     |

  |       To:       cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
                       |
  |       cc:
                       |
  |       Subject:  Re: esql not working at all, no connection ever created!

Here is my xsp code:

<xsp:page language="java" xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
        xmlns:esql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/v2">

  <esql:connection>
   <esql:pool>db_pool</esql:pool>
          <esql:execute-query>
    <esql:query>
     select * from antiques
    </esql:query>
          <esql:results>
           <esql:row-results>
            <esql:get-int column="id"/>
            <esql:get-string column="name"/>
  &n! bsp;        </esql:row-results>
          </esql:results>
          </esql:execute-query>
  </esql:connection>
</xsp:page>

Here is my web.xml:

<init-param>
      <param-name>load-class</param-name>
      <param-value>
        <!-- For IBM WebSphere:
        com.ibm.servlet.classloader.Handler -->

        <!-- For Database Driver: -->
        org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver
  com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
        <!-- For parent ComponentManager sample:
        org.apache.cocoon.samples.parentcm.Configurator
        -->
      </param-value>
    </init-param>

Here is my cocoon.config:

<jdbc name="antiques">
     <pool-controller min="5" max="10"/>
     <dburl>jdbc:mysql://localhost/databasename?autoReconnect=true</dburl>
     <user>myusername</user>
     <password>mypassword</password>
   </jdbc>

Here is my pipeline for testing:

<map:pipeline>
   <map:match pattern="content/*.xml">
    <map:generate type="xsp" src="content/{1}.xsp"/>
    <map:serialize type="xml"/>
   </map:match>
  </map:pipeline>

Thanks again

 Christopher Painter-Wakefield <paint007@mc.duke.edu> wrote:

 Please post your xsp code, or at least the portion with esql in it. Very
 hard to help, otherwise.

 -Christopher

 | | Not Available |
 | | | | hoo.com> |