cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Matthew Langham" <mlang...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: RE: Coplet content display within portal
Date Sat, 12 Apr 2003 13:38:37 GMT

> diplayed. What I
> have to do display the url content rather than a link to url. I
> have seen ur
> presentation (Oreilly Open Source Convention) and in the slide
> 33/38 display
> a url content for a stock and stock graph etc. Your direction would be a
> great help here.

If I understand you correctly then you are currently loading a file
containing links and displaying the links as the content of your coplet -
correct? So instead of having the Generator load the xml file containing the
links - just let the generator load the link directly. Then you need to make
sure that your resource provides some format that can then be processed into
XML.

As Bert wrote in a similar answer, a coplet can be as simple as a normal
Cocoon pipeline that produces XHTML. So if you know how to write Cocoon
pipelines then you really already know how to write coplets. There is no
magic :-).

Matthew