cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Vines" <peter.vi...@callido.com>
Subject RE: Portal authentication problem
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2003 11:12:20 GMT
Thanks, have made some progress, but am now getting a different error.
Here's what I've done:

Cleaned out all versions of tomcat and jdk from my machine
Have reinstalled Tomcat 4.1.24 and JDK1.4.0
Made JAVA_HOME points to new installation of Java
Copied xalan-2.5.0.jar, xercesImpl-2.4.0.jar and xml-apis.jar to
tomcat/common/endorsed so that these are the only files in this directory.
Created JAVA_HOME/lib/endorsed and copied the above files here
Compiled cocoon21m1 by executing build.bat with no parameters
Copied the webapp directory in build to tomcat\webapps and renamed it cocoon
Fired up tomcat.

I get the login screen for the portal however when I login get the message:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute
pipeline.:org.w3c.dom.DOMEException: INVALID_CHARACTER_ERROR: An invalid or
illegal XML character is specified.

So still can't see the portal. Any other suggestions? I'm a bit stumped by
this.

Peter.