cocoon-users mailing list archives

From BREMM...@janbe.jnj.com
Subject Error message when starting cocoon
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2003 16:08:50 GMT
Dear helper,

When I start cocoon, I get the attached error message (see log).
As far as I know, this error was not listed in the faq.

Basically, the error root is
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log/Logger

I don't understand how this is possible, knowing that this class is part of
the logkit-20020529.jar file
I've tried to rebuild cocoon, without any success, including changing the
web.xml file to include this file in the tomcat/common/lib folder.
What does work is placing the file in the tomcat/common/endorsed folder, but
in this case, errors occur when starting up tomcat (but tomcat starts up...)

Please find attached the logfile too.

Thanks for helping & feel free to contact me for more information.

Bart Remmerie
Tel     +32 (014) 60.34.47
Fax     +32 (014) 60.61.25
Email   bremmer1@janbe.jnj.com