cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: [Ann] Apache Cocoon 2.1 Milestone 1 Release
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:56:02 GMT
Le Mardi, 29 avr 2003, à 14:00 Europe/Zurich, Torsten Schlabach a écrit
:

> But then why don't we make this clear on the website rather than
> presenting
> people with both binary and source download directories that are
> empty?...

(hopefully) done at
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=LatestRelease

> Also: If this is a decision: fine. But if anyone asked me for a
> comment: It
> will keep people off who want to quickly test what this is all about
> as they
> can no longer just download and explode the WAR but need a full ant /
> java
> compiler environment which is nontrivial for example on windows.

You don't need ant, only a JDK (JRE won't do), which is required to run
Cocoon anyway.

> In my view: We write software for *users* to *use* it, not for
> developers to
> build examples and enjoy them.

You might want to read the lively and interesting discussions that lead
to a source release, see the LatestRelease wiki page for links.

-Bertrand