cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Hugo Burm" <hu...@xs4all.nl>
Subject RE: Persistance Storage with XMLForm and Flowscript?
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 16:43:36 GMT
Hello,

I don't understand what you want to do with a DOM representation. I would
suggest to store your data in a Javabean and use this bean from Flowscript.
That is easy. See the prefs example below. And then find a way to make your
bean persistent. One of the solutions is Hibernate.

I just ported the flowscript "prefs" example
(http://localhost:8080/cocoon/samples/flow/prefs/)
to XMLForm and I am using Hibernate to make the data persistent.
The user data is now stored in a Mysql database. (In the original example it
was stored in a hashmap in memory)

I am writing a Wiki page about this. It should arrive before the weekend.
For Hibernate in combination with Cocoon see one of the older Wiki pages:
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=UsingHibernateToMakeYourJavaBeansPer
sistent

Hugo Burm

-----Original Message-----
From: Laurent Trillaud [mailto:ltrillaud@jouve.fr]
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 4:02 PM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Persistance Storage with XMLForm and Flowscript?

Hi,
I'm using XMLForm with Flowscript as describe in the cocoon
samples/xmlform/flow.
But I would like to implement persistence storage: to retrieved
information from a file system or a database to populate the form and to
save it when the wizard finish.
With the flowscript version of the XMLForm, the Model is handle in
javascript with this few line

... sniplet
    var bean = {
        firstName: "Donald",
        lastName: "Duck",
    }
    xform.setModel ( bean );
... /sniplet

How can I give a DOM to the setModel function?
Thanks in advance
Laurent Trillaud