cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Barbara Slupik <barbaraslu...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Background Task Management
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2003 09:26:35 GMT
Reference: David Kavanagh, Fri, 11 Apr 2003 22:35:36 -0700

David

You wrote some code to handle background thread processing in cocoon
applications.

I am writing a cocoon application for managing contracts. My client's
requirement is to run a batch job to create invoices. The job will be
launched by a remote client and will run at night. The results will
either be sent back to the client or kept on the server so that the
client can look at them the next day.

I think your code does exactly what I need. If I understand it well I
could define my invoice processing (xsl, xsl-fo etc) inside cocoon
sitemap and run it as batch or define it in a java application.

I would be very interested in obtaining more information about your
background task manager and, if possible, the code itself.

Regards

Barbara Slupik