cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: database caching
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 20:21:24 GMT
I see - interesting idea.  You are wanting to use requests to trigger
uncache events, similar to the asynchronous reload behavior of the sitemap
(or was that cocoon.xconf? or web.xml??).

But you are still doing that work for every request in your scheme, which
if you have a high load won't necessarily give better performance.

Why not do a time-based cache that expires every second or minute, etc.?

I had been wanting to allow for asynchronous cache behavior and will look
into it, but for now if you really want to go that way you'll either need
to do it that way yourself, or write a custom transformer to do that as you
proposed.  I tend to dislike transformers with side effects in that sort of
scenario, but it should work.

Geoff