cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Milo Hyson <m...@cyberlifelabs.com>
Subject Re: Using Cocoon exclusively for the V in MVC
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2003 23:09:44 GMT
Steven Cummings wrote:

>Milo,
>
>Well yes. Sorry, I was assuming that scenario, where you start with the cocoon webapp,
trim it down (or at least the sitemap), throw your servlets into WEB-INF/classes or a jar
in WEB/INF/lib, and then add them to the servlets and servlet-mappings in web.xml so that
they are matched before CocoonServlet. As for accessing the session from cocoon, this should
be pretty simple except that I don't know if Cocoon sessions are an abstraction over servlet
sessions (in which case you can probably still access the real session from Cocoon's session
class) or whether they directly uses keys in the real session. Those details depend on how
exactly you're using Cocoon for presentation, whether it be XSP, XSLTs, or custom transformers.

I'm assuming I'd use XSPs to extract the info I need from the
context/session/request and inject it into the pipeline at the
appropriate spots. From there, it would just be straightforward XSLT
transforms.

--
Milo Hyson
CyberLife Labs