cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Hoegg <rho...@isisnetworks.net>
Subject Re: WASD 4.0.3
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2003 18:13:18 GMT
I haven't worked with WASD, but I just spent a lot of time working out
classloader issues in WAS 4.0.x, so maybe my experiences will shed some
light.

In WebSphere 4, there are 4 built in "visibility" modes.  In addition,
they added a new one called J2EE Application Visibility which must be
specified as a system property on the JVM settings of the Application
Server.  I found a lot of good info on IBM's site, hunt around for
information on "module visibility".  In addition, this article may help:
http://www-900.ibm.com/websphere/library/techarticles/0112_deboer/deboer_eng.shtml

Looking at your e-mail, I think putting the JAR on your WSAD classpath
is the wrong approach.  You need to get it into the classloader that
loads your Cocoon WAR.  Maybe even try WEB-INF/lib or making an EAR and
using manifest classpaths.

--
Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks