cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: Sendmail still does not work for me
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 17:11:38 GMT
Torsten Schlabach wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I have downloaded Cocoon 2.1 from CVS this morning (April 23rd, 2003), put
> mail.jar and activation.jar into lib/local and built cocoon mself. I then

A rebuild is not required. Just drop the jars to WEB-INF/libs and restart Cocoon.

> deployed into my Tomcat (4.1.18) and went to the Mail sample page from a browser
> that accesses Tomcat/Cocoon as localhost. There is also a sendmail active on
> my localhost and I have set if up to log anyhting that happens. (Veryfied
> that by just connecting from an Eudora client.)
>
> When I submit the form (no matter which way: action, old action, logicsheet)
> just *nothing* happens.
>
> I have watched the sendmail log, Cocoon logs and Tomcat logs for any error
> message, but found *nohting*.

Did it execute at all? (Invocation should show up in logs if debug level is
low enough i.e. "DEBUG") Did you read the page carefully? I.e. the sample
silently fails if the client does not access the sample through http://localhost....
since it would allow anyone to send mail from your machine otherwise.
You *may* disable this check in your sitemap. See inline comments.

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de