cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Charles Yates <ceya...@stanford.edu>
Subject Re: extends my custom class [correction]
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 16:47:18 GMT
Charles Yates wrote:

>     Action passes an objectModel Map in act(), Transformer and
> Generator in setup() which can be used to get a Context object.  The
> Context is different with each request so you should get your
> reference to it from within those

on further reflection I misspoke, Context remains the same object with
in a servlet.

Lionel., are you saying you want a reference to the Context object from
your custom object?  Or do you also need the HttpRequest or
HttpResponse? When and where is this object created?  Is it a singleton?

> methods.  These methods are call on the objects each time they are
> assembled into a pipeline.  I guess I'm still not sure what you are
> trying to do.
>
> Charles
>
> Lionel Crine wrote:
>
>> I explain a little more :
>>
>> In my custom generator, there is a "setup" method which get the
>> objectmodel.
>>

>> public void setup(SourceResolver resolver, Map objectModel, String
>> src, Parameters par)
>>         throws ProcessingException, SAXException, IOException {
>>         super.setup(resolver, objectModel, src, par);
>> //Here I do a getContext
>> Context context = ObjectModelHelper.getContext(objectModel);
>> //then i get some variable
>> this.domain = context.getInitParameter("domain");
>>

>> BUT I have some action, transformers, generators which launch, each
>> time I called them, the "getContext" method.
>>
>> So I'm creating a class that instanced this variables in the context.
>> But in this class this ObjectModel Object does not exist.
>>
>> To get it I need to extends a cocoon class, which one ?
>>
>> Lionel
>>

>> At 07:43 22/04/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Lionel,
>>>     I'm not sure I understand your question.  All methods in
>>> ObjectModelHelper are static so you have access to them from any
>>> object:
>>>
>>> ObjectModelHelper.getContext();
>>> ObjectModelHelper.getRequest();