cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Charles Yates <ceya...@stanford.edu>
Subject Re: hooking protocol.handler
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 16:23:48 GMT
   It would be different in cocoon 2.0 vs 2.1.  I'm not familiar with
the protocol.handler stuff, but to use a new protocol in cocoon 2.0 you
have to write a class that implements
org.apache.cocoon.environment.Source, and a class that  implements
org.apache.cocoon.components.source.SourceFactory that will produce
them.  In order to tell cocoon about the new protocol you need to put a
<protocol> element referencing it into the <source-handler> element of
cocoon.xconf.  I see that there is also a <url-factory> in cocoon.xconf,
which suggests another way of doing the same thing.  In cocoon 2.1 the
source stuff has been moved into excalibur packages.  Hopefully for you
it will be simple to extend what you have already done to use in cocoon.

Charles