cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [CimandeUpgrade] 1 XSP, 5 action, 3 XSL
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 19:03:28 GMT
Hello Frans,

Frans Thamura wrote:
> Hi All, sorry this email is long, but this is critical for me for my job to upgrade my
CDML transformation engine.

> I have finish to transform the my CDML, this work like XForm, but i hate that complex
style style using xf: tag, i prefer to use basic tag, that i put in my CDML.

> The CDML will work based on action request, and action have their own XSL.
>
> so the script will be like this
>
> http://localhost:8080/cocoon/age.xsp?action=new
> http://localhost:8080/cocoon/age.xsp?action=search
> http://localhost:8080/cocoon/age.xsp?action=edit&id=1001
>
> action=new and edit will use the same XSL, but the difference between them is edit will
read the database, and will put the result at the input form, the new action will generate
a blank form only.

> and the search will generate the search form, and only show the allowed tag at CDML.
>
> I try this sitemap:
>    <map:match pattern="cdml-*" >
>     <map:generate src="workspace/descriptor/{1}"/>
>     <map:transform src="stylesheets/cimande/descriptor.xsp.xsl" >
>     	<map:parameter name="use-request-parameters" value="true"/>
>     </map:transform>
>      <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>    </map:match>
>
>    <map:match pattern="cdml2-*" >
>     <map:generate type="serverpages" src="cocoon:/cdml-{1}"/>
>     <map:transform src="stylesheets/cimande/descriptor.html.xsl" >
>     	<map:parameter name="use-request-parameters" value="true"/>
>     </map:transform>
>      <map:serialize type="html"/>
>    </map:match>
>
>    <map:match pattern="cdml3-*" >
>     <map:generate type="serverpages" src="cocoon:/cdml-{1}"/>
>     <map:transform src="workspace/main2html.xsl" >
>     	<map:parameter name="use-request-parameters" value="true"/>
>     </map:transform>
>      <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>    </map:match>
>
> Nah, I want to change all of it only become 1 pattern, but have several XSL.
>
> In Cocoon 1, I create a new class that will return the xsl address value,

therefore actions do exist in Cocoon 2:
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/concepts/actions.html.