cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Upayavira" ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Background Task Management
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2003 20:01:11 GMT
On 12 Apr 2003 at 1:36, David Kavanagh wrote:

> The following is from a doc I wrote about some code I put together to
> handle background thread processing in cocoon apps. I wonder if there
> is enough need for something like this to consider giving it back to
> the community. I'm including the doc instead of code because it is
> easier to give an overview that way. I'd really like to hear back
> about this (especially from those who drive cocoon development).
>
> David

David,

Having read through your document more thoroughly, I can see it is very different
from what I at first thought. Which means that there's not a lot for me to say in
relation to it.

I am working specifically with the Command line interface, and in time, I'll want
something to manage tasks, so that you can leave an application running and just
trigger it whenever a page/site needs to be generated. But that's a way off yet (and
that is what I thought was similar).

Regards, Upayavira